Villa Petrinos Milos or Stone Mill, in Drimiskos Village of South Rethimno is the perfect place to experience the authentic Crete for a perfect, quiet, relaxing holiday with panoramic view of the mountains of Crete and the Libyan sea and gracious hospitality.
A place to enjoy the personal care of a wonderful family, which has her own traditional farm nearby ( horses, goats, sheep, rabbits, cats and dogs) and organic crops trees, vineyards and olive groves. Upon request you can have a ride on horseback or a visit to the farm and vineyards and you will be able to taste some of thier excellent traditional products (wine, raki, olive oil, milk, eggs, cheese, vegetables).
Here you will discover some of the best beaches in Crete, the most beautiful landscapes along with authentic culture experiences, expand your knowledge of local gastronomy, get acquainted with the society, the culture and the traditional activities of the locals.
Villa Petrinos Millos, in a plot of 1000m2, consists of 3 bedrooms (accommodates up to 7 people), and is ideal for big families or group of friends. Children will love the large swimming pool of 67m2 with an integrated children's pool and the spacious garden surrounded by a stone wall offering complete privacy .
In large surrounding area of Villa, there is a parking place for two cars, the beautiful garden with the large swimming pool , the old well and the grill under the shade of large pine tree. Within the garden there are sunbeds, umbrellas and a poolside shower.
The ground floor of villa is fully equipped with traditional furniture , marble floors, A/C and has a dinning area, fully equipped kitchen, a small bathroom and a living room with fireplace. On the upper level you will find 3 bedrooms. The first bedroom with TV and en suite WC bath and double bed - balcony. The second bedroom has two twin beds - balcony. The third bedroom has two twin beds TV and additional large WC bath.The upper balconies offers amazing view of the surrounding area and Libyan Sea (distant sea views). In the basement of the house you will find a WC with a washing machine and a tumble dryer and a children's playground.
The residence is located just a short walk (200m) from the village of Drimiskos, where you can find a traditional cafe-taverna under a century-old plane-tree or platanos, a place to enjoy the Cretan - traditional cuisine. Also there is a second cafe -taverna near the church. In nearby Spili Village (7km) you will find more restaurants, cafes, shops and some other facilities.
Just 5-15 minutes by car, you can find some of the best beaches of Crete Ligres , Triopetra, Preveli, Amoudi , Agia Fotini and Agios Pavlos. In addition in less than an hour drive from the cosmopolitan and picturesque town of Rethymno.
The remote location means you'll need a car to explore this beautiful area of Crete and for shopping.
- Hotel Name: Villa Petrinos Millos
- Area: Rethimno, Drimiskos
- Why Go: Family-Friendly,Friendly Environment,Countryside,Beautiful Terraces and Gardens,Private Pool,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Eleftheria and Manolis the owners is going to welcome you with smile and willing to answer all you questions and provide with all the valuable information about area, Crete.
- Just a superb location to enjoy this still untouched part of Crete.
- A great-value self-catering option.
- Total peace and relaxation: the set-up is simple but comfortable, with a 'less is more' approach.
What to know
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent (you cannot reach Villa Petrinos Millos) by public transport).
- - Since January 1st, 2018 a “stayover tax”, applied to all guests at hotels and rooms-to-let across Greece and imposed per day and per room or apartment.
- The stayover tax foresees a surcharge of 0.50 cents at one- and two-star hotels, 1.50 euros at three-star hotels, 3.00 euros at four-star hotels and 4.00 euros at 5-star hotels. One- and two-key furnished rooms/apartments will be charged 0.25 cents, three-key furnished rooms/apartments 0.50 cents and four-key furnished rooms/apartments 1.00 euro.
- This tax must be paid direct to the hotel or accommodation upon arrival or departure.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||1||Family hospitality :|
|Pool:||Private pool||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Self Catering||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Cheap & Chic :|
|Closed:||Never||Quality of Service :|