In the protected and ancient village of Anatoli in Eastern incredible Crete, three different-in-size gorgeous village houses, classic, ancient and expertly restored.
Dorovinis Country Houses, each house is a gem and a delight of distinction - the smaller one is perfect for a honeymoon.
The finest quality in a historic village, which dates from Venetian times, with plenty of Byzantine monuments in the surrounding area. Beautiful antique furniture, fittings, and craftsmanship make both houses a home you would dream of owning...let alone staying in.
In fact, the houses have been restored with the ultimate attention to detail by one of Greece's experts in conservation and the preservation of buildings, monuments, and villages.
Dorovinis Houses are the best example of completely refurbished traditional stone houses in Crete, beautifully executed and furnished by an expert in the conservation and restoration of both historic villages and houses in Greece. Anatoli Village is a 15-minute drive from the south coast town of Ierapetra. This is a 2 hour spectacularly scenic drive from Heraklion airport.
Terraces are charming and make you feel part of the village, part of the history of the place, while at the same time offering dazzling views seeping down the hills and on to the sea on the south coast.
You can drive to a beach in ten minutes, but this is somewhere to enjoy for its "Architectural Digest" qualities, finesse and architecture...for the village spirit and friendly nature; for the superb tree-surrounded taverna 3 minutes drive or 20 minute's walk away; for a bold stride into the village Kafeneio to say "yassou" to the locals or the village taverna "Aposperida" for tonight's local special dish; for the magnificent route you must surely sample as you come to the house or sadly wind your way back home one day (via the single point at which you can see both the north and south coasts of Crete).
If you sought a quality house to rent in Crete and never found it before - it now exists to pamper your senses. For a large group or family, taking both houses provides privacy while allowing daily get-togethers, perhaps in the larger house (Pasiphae) or those delightful moments on holiday when you fancy visiting "the others" down the road! The houses are 100 m from each other.
The bustling town of Ierapetra is a 15-minute drive, where you can buy anything you'd want and visit its restaurants and more bustling seafront and harbour. Charming coves and beaches line the coast heading east of the town.
- Hotel Name: Dorovinis Country Houses
- Area: Lasithi, Anatoli
- Why Go: Countryside,Lovely Views,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Quiet Location,Family-Friendly,Mountains,Rustic
Why we like it
- Best for a large group or family, taking both houses provides privacy while allowing daily get-togethers, perhaps in the larger house (Pasiphae) or those delightful moments on holiday when you fancy visiting "the others" down the road.
- Distinguished traditional stone houses with quality interiors, great views from terraces, romantic atmosphere.
- An ideal base to explore this beautiful region that is far from mass tourism, but without compromising on comfortable accommodation with a spectacular view.
What to know
- Houses are not suitable for disabled people.
- We recommend that you rent a car, as other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||3||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Village Atmosphere :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere :|