When you seek an instant home as in "home away from home" one of the two Villa Creta Estate houses will work supremely well, comfortably and inspiringly.
Inland and up on the hillside in an area with fascinating villages, astounding views, dramatic rock outcrops, and much growing - naturally and planted in the valley. 20 minutes from the centre of Heraklion, Knossos, near the rock climbing and horse trail centre of Profitis Elias. A real "valley-of-Crete" location and atmosphere.
Enjoy the views of near-distance villages on the hillsides, the famous Zeus (Yiouhtas) mountain and more. Around you are vineyards, olive trees, fruit trees, wild bushes, aromatic trees and herbs.
Each of the two villas (of Villa Creta) is completely private (you cannot even see one from the other) and designed with a spacious single level layout. There is a 300 meter distance between the two villas which guarantees privacy and quiet for the guests as it ensures that there is no optical or acoustic contact between the two properties.
One villa sleeps up to 8 people the other up to 5, in comfort with several bathrooms and quality finish. Each villa has a private swimming pool, terraces with superb views and barbecue areas. Complete kitchens invite preparation of culinary delights. Living areas are open and spacious, light, bright and airy. A dining area with pool, below the villas, offers choices of prepared traditional Greek food - home-made meals and cakes cooked by Stella. Meals can also be served at your villa.
For winter there is a huge central wood burning wrought iron stove and air conditioners in the bedrooms can be set to their heating mode. For the summer air conditioners can be used to cool the villa, however, very little extra cooling is ever needed due to its design, location and thermal properties.
You can take out the horses and ride with the Villa Creta family owners' horses. Enjoy (especially children!) the miniature mountain train, the wild boars, hens, and farm animals. Play tennis on the estate's tennis court. Prepare your own breakfast of fresh eggs and home made cheese from the surrounding fifty acre estate, which your house sits in the middle of. There is unbounded hospitality, helpfulness and friendliness.
In addition, Villa's guests will also have the opportunity to visit free owner's Educational Exhibition about Energy and Environment at the city centre of Heraklion and taste Stella's hand made ice cream from gelateria which is open from April to September.
- Hotel Name: Villa Creta
- Area: Heraklion, Malades
- Why Go: Family-Friendly, Food & Wine, Private Pool, Quiet Location, Beautiful Terraces and Gardens, Friendly Environment, Mountains, Relaxed
Why we like it
- The villas are just your "home away from home", love at first sight.
- Both villas are located on a hill that is surrounded by vineyards, olive trees, fruit trees wild bushes, aromatic trees and herbs with a lot of outdoor seating areas plus a private pool and barbecue.
- Great traditional food cooked by Stella and maybe the best ice cream in Crete.
- Perfect base to visit Knossos, Archaelogical Museum in Heraklion, Gortys and Festos Minoan Palace.
What to know
- You cannot reach Villa Creta by public transport therefore please rent a car
- The attic mezzanine in Villa Stella has low ceilings, so it's more suited to children
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||2.00||Nice atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Yes||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Meals by arrangement||Food :|