A full day private tour, starting from Chania, that explores the Palace of Knossos and the nearby city of Heraklion.
The Palace is one of the major must-see archaeological sites in Greece, presenting visitors with a rare glimpse into Minoan civilization.
The Minoan palace is the main site of interest at Knossos, an important city in antiquity, which was inhabited continuously from the Neolithic period until the 5th c. AD. The palace was built on the Kephala hill and had easy access to the sea and the Cretan interior. According to tradition, it was the seat of the wise king Minos. The Palace of Knossos is connected with thrilling legends, such as the myth of the Labyrinth, with the Minotaur, and the story of Daidalos and Ikaros.
Accompanied by a first class guide who will offer in- depth personal attention, you will walk around the ruins and excavations of the vast ancient palace, and learn about the Greek mythological tales that are linked to it.
After exploring the labyrinth of corridors and rooms on the Knossos tour, you will travel into central Heraklion for a walk around its historical center and main sites, lunch break as well and then a visit to the recently renovated Archaeological Museum. The most magnificent collection of Minoan art and culture in the world is housed in this museum, that is one of the most visited ones Greece, with an exhibition of artifacts, covering a period of 5.000 years.
A Rough rundown of tour program
- Depart from Chania - 2 hrs drive
- Arrive at Knossos - Tour of the site +/-1 1⁄2 hr
- Arrive at Heraklion - 20 min drive
- Stroll in the center / Lunch break 1 1⁄2 hr
- Visit to Heraklion Museum 11⁄2 hr
- Drive back to Chania 2 hrs drive
Please note, that all private tours focus on authenticity, interaction and seamless service and reflects our personal insights and expert knowledge of the island. Please feel free to contact us for more inspirational suggestions. Our team is always happy to pull off a fabulous tailor made proposal and give our guests the opportunity to discover the island’s beauty and culture in a way that goes beyond the usual, showcasing "the other" Crete.
Prices per tour : 690.00 Euros (2 Persons) - 750.00 Euros (3-4 Persons) - 870.00 Euros (5-6 Persons) - 920.00 Euros (7-8 Persons) -
Included: Transport with A/C deluxe mini van, English speaking qualifiied guide, to be me at Knossos. Entrance tickets
Not Included : Lunch ( can be added at +22 € per person)
Duration : +/- 9 hrs
Suggested Start Time : 08.00 a.m.
Practicalities : Because of the extensive walking, comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended.
Cancellation policy :
08 days or more prior to tour : no penalty
07-02 days : 50%
01 day or less : full charge
Please Note :
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is cancelled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
Please contact us for pricing and further information