Roustika Stonehouse, in the historic Roustika Village near Rethymno in lovely Crete, a mix of less modern and more traditional elements to create a harmonious space both relaxed and timeless that truly feels like home.
A beautiful restoration of an old house with wood beams, fireplace, open terraces and courtyards and comfort combined with personal, warm hospitality.
Nestling down a quite ally in this small historic village the house is an ideal location for those wishing to live like a Cretan and be away from the hustle and bustle of the usual tourist spots.
The Roustica Arch House, which consists of 2 gallery bedrooms, has been lovingly adapted and furnished, to provide charm and comfort.
The houses have several terraces, added to the expansive poolside terrace and areas to sit in the gardens. This provides a constant stream of variety to the pleasures to be had from the place.
Eleni, your hostess will welcome you with warmth always and will provide you with all valuable information about the village, activities, things to do in surrounding area.
Roustika village has an open, elevated location, some narrow cobblestone streets, arches, old houses and a lovely traditional kafeneio by the square.
And if you can prize yourself away from this lovely little village and your "country seat" within it, there is much opportunity for splendid drives and exploration in the centre of Crete, with its impressive mountains and friendly villages.
Stretching your journey for 25 minutes in one direction you can be on sandy beaches or the old town of Rethymno. In the other direction (to the south), in 20-30 minutes, you are on yet another coast and dipping toes in the Libyan sea with the superb, wind-protected beaches of Plakias, Moni Preveli, Damnoni, Ammoudi etc.
- Hotel Name: Roustika Stonehouse
- Area: Rethimno, Roustika
- Why Go: Village Atmosphere,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Rustic
Why we like it
- Peaceful rural setting with a village atmosphere.
- At Roustica, there are many local fiestas as "Koura", the shearing of sheep and the grape-harvest in September. And of course the olive picking from the end November.
- Nearby the small, picturesque town of Rethymno and just a few kilometers to the most beautiful beaches to the south, Plakias, Preveli, Rodakino, Triopetra, Ligres. The drive to the beaches on the south coast is an experience.
- Make sure to visit and have food in the local taverna!
What to know
- The staircases can be steep for some people.
- You need to rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Village Atmosphere :|
|Rooms:||1||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Cheap & Chic :|
|Dining:||Fully Equipped Kitchen||Quality of Service :|